As part of our Healthy Living topic Yr5 KON have been studying the harmful consequences of smoking both to the individual and those around him. As part of 'persuasive writing' we produced well researched and informative 'Anti-Smoking Leaflets'. Our aim was to use language that would literally shock a smoker into thinking twice about continuing their habit. We discussed making the smoker feel guilty and that it was important that they were presented with hard hitting facts. Children were asked to include a relevant 'rhetorical question' to further their position. The message from Yr5KON is a firm - KICK THE HABIT!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I am looking forward to doing Russia for international day. It is going to be fun.
Corynn
I love school and learning.I am really looking forward to the greeks.Also Paul Klee.
School has been brilliant so far, especially all the presentations and our Healthy Living Research. We have done a Summer presentation, a Smoking Leaflet and a Balanced Diet presentation. They are so good.
Corynn
Year 5kon has been great and our teacher Mr. O'neill has been wonderful!
He is really nice and giving.
Charlotte.
I am looking forward to making bread.Its going to be so much fun.
from freya
I am looking forward to the greeks.Also Paul Klee.
Jamal
I think that learning about Healthy Living has been so much fun. All the different activities Mr O' Neill put together for us were really good. It really helped my learning doing presentations and smoking leaflets. Plus it was fun.
Emily
I'm definitely looking forward to the debate and international day.
Jamal
Im relly looking forward to intinainal day!
Lottie LD
Post a Comment